E&B WEBINAR: Ethics and Boundaries for In-Home Services
June 7th, 2024 9AM - 1PM
Presented by Jeanne Wagner, MSW, LCSW, ACSW
Statement of Rationale:
The management of ethics, boundaries and confidentiality is especially challenging for human service professionals who provide services in the client’s living environment including the client’s home, residential programs, emergency shelters, transitional living centers, skilled care facilities, assisted and supported living centers, and Hospice facilities. This workshop will address the unique issues encountered during the provision of these in-home services and will provide a framework for ethical decision-making.
Participants will learn:
- new ways to address boundary issues
- how to avoid the potential for dual-relationships
- ethical decision-making processes and best practice models to identify and address complicated scenarios in programs providing in-home services.
- to identify the range of ethical dilemmas and professional boundaries with the use of technology and social media
- models for the ethical decision making process
- identify new age risks that may affect professional liability
- the importance of using the NASW Ethics audit in programs that cover both client services and personnel management
Member - $85
Member - Student or Retired - $65
Non-Member - $115