WEBINAR: Advanced Ethics and Boundaries with a Clinical Lens (Webinar Full)
Presented by Jeanne Wagner, MSW, LCSW ACSW
Statement of Rationale: The management of professional ethics and boundaries can be challenging in clinical work especially as we have become more dependent on the use of technology. This workshop will address the unique issues encountered during the provision of clinical services and will discuss best practice approaches to these challenges.
FOR SOCIAL WORKERS, PROFESSIONAL COUNSELORS AND MARRIAGE AND FMAILY THERAPISTS
This program fulfills the Department of Regulation and Licensing requirement for four (4) hours of Boundaries and Ethics
Objectives, Content: Participants will gain a better awareness of the complicated nature of professional ethics and boundaries, especially as it relates to clinical services. An ethical decision-making process will be utilized as a variety of ethical scenarios are discussed in an interactive format. Participants will also learn about the importance of assessing various aspects of their services and related policies and procedures to protect clients and staff and reduce professional risk. Participants will learn how to utilize the NASW Code of Ethics in managing ethical dilemmas in clinical practice settings.
- Identify the range of ethical dilemmas and professional boundaries in clinical practice
- Identify the array of ethical challenges with the use of technology and social media in clinical practice
- Learn the complicated laws and licensing requirements for tele mental health and documentation
- Learn models for the ethical decision-making process
- Increase awareess of the complicated nature of professional boundaries
- Learn about the ethics of cultural competency in an ever-changing multi-cultural society
- Identify risks that may affect professional liability
- Identify what policies, procedures, and protocols are recommended to address ethics in a variety of contexts
- Learn how to use the NASW Code of Ethics, and an ethical decision-making process to problem-solve a variety of ethical dilemmas through group discussion