BIPOC Student Leadership Program
To provide an opportunity for BIPOC social work students to become members of NASW-WI, learn leadership skills, have a mentor, and begin taking leadership roles within NASW-WI. To increase diversity in NASW-WI’s membership, up to ten BIPOC students will have their NASW membership paid for one year. NASW-WI is the state chapter of the National Association of Social Workers.
- BSW or MSW BIPOC student at a Wisconsin CSWE-accredited social work program
- Interest in NASW-WI
- Motivation and interest in the social work field
- Leadership experience or potential
Benefits of Being a Student Leader:
- Develop leadership and communication skills by participating in a monthly virtual gathering with speakers and discussions on topics selected by the students.
- Participation in a four-hour leadership training program.
- Meet with a mentor provided by NASW-WI.
- Learn about leadership opportunities within NASW-WI.
- Participate in a minimum of three NASW-WI Committee meetings.
- Participate in the annual state conference and other NASW-WI events for free or at a reduced rate.
Send an application, resume, and two reference forms to NASW-WI Membership and Communications Coordinator Nadir Carlson at email@example.com by December 1st, 2023. Scholarship recipients will be chosen in the new year.
Applications can be found below. Please reach out to Nadir Carlson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.