NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF SOCIAL WORKERS, WISCONSIN CHAPTER JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: MEMBERSHIP AND COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Membership and Communications Coordinator is responsible for managing NASW-WI’s membership recruitment and retention activities and communications.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and implement membership recruitment campaign
- Develop and coordinate innovative member engagement strategies that improve member retention.This includes overseeing outreach to lapsing members, coordinating welcome calls to new members and periodic member check-ins.
- Establish and maintain relationships with each school of social work in Wisconsin, coordinate with schools and faculty to visits schools for membership recruitment.
- Plan and manage membership events, including March is Social Work Month programming, other regional networking programs and programming targeted towards student and transition members.
- Coordinate the Student Ambassador Program
- Coordinate the BIPOC student membership scholarship, leadership and mentor program.
- Take a lead role in maintaining and utilizing social media for association marketing and communication.
- Provide support to initiatives to increase membership from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Upgrade chapter membership materials.
- Assists with implementation of chapter programming, including the annual conference, Advocacy Day, regional programming and continuing education programming.
- Attend monthly national/chapter membership meetings
- Investigate the feasibility of starting a NASW-WI mentoring program
- Update, promote and/or develop NASW-WI Fact Sheets on the profession
- Collaborates with Chapter Executive Director, Office Manager, interns, volunteers and contractors
- Other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Requires 2-5 years of prior related work experience, preferably in an association or non-profit capacity
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related field: a degree in social work is preferred
- Knowledge of successful recruitment and retention initiatives
- Knowledge of issues affecting social workers and the social work profession
- Must possess strong analytical skills, with a track record of program and volunteer management experience; planning for member/customer service
- Excellent customer services skills, including in person, over the phone and via email communication
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading abilities
- Familiarity with social media platforms and social media marketing
- Must be able to interact effectively with a wide stratum of personnel and volunteer leaders, exhibiting a persuasive, collaborative, cooperative and flexible work style and the ability to adapt to situations as necessary
- Ability to work independently in a self-motivated capacity and multi-task within a fast- paced environment which includes changing and/or competing priorities
- Strong computer and technology skills including Microsoft Office suite, website maintenance and some knowledge of Adobe Acrobat products, database management and a solid knowledge and use of social media platforms
- Must be able to travel within Wisconsin
COMPENSATION & APPLICATION
This position is half-time. The salary range of this half-time position is $20,000-$25,000 a year with a generous benefits package.
NASW-Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or another other protected factor.
To apply for this position, submit cover letter and resume to Mherstand.firstname.lastname@example.orgThis position will be posted until filled