ASSOCIATION OF SOCIAL WORKERS, WISCONSIN CHAPTER
ANNOUNCEMENT: MEMBERSHIP AND
the Executive Director, the Membership and Communications Coordinator is
responsible for managing NASW WI’s membership recruitment and retention
activities and communications.
- To design and implement a
comprehensive membership recruitment and retention plan for NASW WI
- Develop and coordinate innovative
member engagement strategies that improve member retention.
This includes overseeing outreach to lapsing
members, coordinating welcome calls to new members and periodic member
- Develop a plan to recruit and retain
members from diverse backgrounds.
- Establish and maintain relationships
with each social work program in Wisconsin, coordinate with schools and faculty
to visits schools for membership recruitment.
- Plan and manage membership events, including
March is Social Work Month programming, other regional networking programs and
programming targeted towards student and transition members.
- Coordinate the Student Ambassador
- Coordinate the BIPOC student
membership scholarship, leadership and mentor program.
- Develop a communications plan for
- Take a lead role in maintaining and
utilizing social media for association marketing and communication.
- Upgrade chapter membership materials.
- Assists with implementation of
chapter programming including the annual conference, Advocacy Day, regional
programming and continuing education programming.
- Attend monthly national/chapter
- Investigate the feasibility of
starting a NASW WI mentoring program
- Update, promote and/or develop NASW
WI Fact Sheets on the profession
- Collaborates with Chapter Executive
Director, Office Manager, interns, volunteers and contractors
- Other tasks as assigned by the
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Requires 2-5 years of prior related
work experience, preferably in an association or non-profit capacity.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a
related field: a degree in social work is preferred
- Knowledge of successful recruitment
and retention initiatives
- Knowledge of issues affecting social
workers and the social work profession
- Must possess strong analytical
skills, with a track record of program and volunteer management experience;
planning for member/customer service
- Excellent customer services skills,
including in person, over the phone and via email communication
- Excellent verbal communication and
- Strong writing, editing and
- Familiarity with social media
platforms and social media marketing.
- Must be able to interact effectively with
a wide stratum of personnel and volunteer leaders, exhibiting a persuasive,
collaborative, cooperative and flexible work style and the ability to adapt to
situations as necessary.
- Ability to work independently in a
self-motivated capacity and multi-task within a fast paced environment which
includes changing and/or competing priorities.
- Strong computer and technology skills
including Microsoft Office suite, website maintenance and some knowledge of
Adobe Acrobat products, database management and a solid knowledge and use of
social media platforms
- Must be able to travel within
position is full-time.
The salary range
of this full-time position is $40,000-$50,000 a year with a generous benefits
Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants
for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or
another other protected factor.
To apply for
this position, submit cover letter and resume to
This position will be posted until filled
The position is in-person at
the NASW WI office in Madison.
day per week in-person hybrid arrangement is possible.